August 21, 2010

Shameless Recipe: Undercover Margaritas - Watch Out!

My wife is a huge margarita lover.  Shortly after we were married, she found a local Mexican restaurant near our house that had margaritas that she really liked.  So, being the chivalrous guy that I am...I bribed one of the bar tenders to give me the recipe. 

I then spent several years perfecting the recipe...many combinations and countless hangovers later I got it just right.  This is not a traditional margarita recipe and it has a lot of alcohol by volume in it without tasting like it.  Let me warn you friends, these margaritas are the stealth bomber of the margarita world.  People have found them selves laying in strangers lawns and talking to inanimate objects because of this recipe...not to mention the not uncommon spontaneous disrobing.

This is my gift to the world...drink and be merry!

INGREDIENTS:

Makes 1 Pitcher - 5 to 6 large glasses
24oz of 1800 Reserva Reposado Tequila - You could substitute for a higher grade, I would not recommend anything less.
15oz of Cointreau
1 Can of Frozen Concentrate Lime-aid (thawed)
3 Cups of Water
2 Limes - Juiced
1/2 Cup of Orange Juice

Mix this all together...order does not matter...and enjoy.  I would recommend that if you are going to keep it in a pitcher and you want it cold, refrigerate the pitcher.  If that is not possible, place ice cubes in a plastic bag and submerge it in the pitcher...you don't want to water these babies down.

You have been fairly warned that these margaritas will sneak up on you.  Enjoy shamelessly, as I do, but do not hold me responsible if you wake up in a strange location without your clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment